tons per day
History of the company
- 2023May 2023The bilateral pier was put into operation, and for the first time, two ships were loaded simultaneously with different types of cargos
- 2022January 2022Dredging works on the approach to the pier were completed, reaching a depth of 15 m, which allows receiving Panamax and Postpanamax vessels.
- 20212021Commencement of construction of a technologically first-of-kind bilateral pier at the junction of Berths No. 10 and No.11 in the port of Chornomorsk Ukraine’s first treaty for implementation of interdependent projects was signed between the Ukrainian Sea Ports Authority and Risoil Terminal in the presence of the Ukrainian Minister of Infrastructure, as well as the Swiss Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to Ukraine.
- 20202020Launching of Universal Terminal Risoil that is designed to provide a full range of services for the handling of any bulk cargos and packaged goods, both in export and import mode.
- 20192019Full completion of the second phase of construction of the grain terminal: building of grain silos, conveyor galleries, railcar unloading stations, truck unloading stations, and Multipurpose Warehouse No. 2 for floor storage of goods.
- 20152015Completion of the first phase of construction of the grain terminal – Multipurpose Warehouse No. 1.
- 20142014Amalgamation of Bioil Universal Ukraine LLC, an oil-pressing plant located within the area of Rozdilna Elevator, with the Group. Construction of a multipurpose grain terminal with throughput capacity of 4.5 million tons per year started in the port of Chornomorsk.
- 20122012Construction of a new terminal for transhipment of vegetable oils in Yuzhny, Odesa region. The terminal was put into operation in 2013. It was owned by the Group till 2022
- 20102010The focus is on optimising the management structure. Since 2010, trading activities have been burgeoning on the Asian markets: in particular, various types of containerised goods, such as vegetable oil in flexi-tanks, are being supplied.
- 20082008A surge in activity on the European vegetable oil market contributed to the acquisition of stakes in some major companies involved in the production of sunflower oil in the European Union (Bulgaria).
- 20072007The transhipment capacity of the vegetable oil terminal reached 1.2 million tons per year. The Group sells its stake in the oil-pressing plant (of Chornomorsk) to ADM, an international agro-industrial corporation.
- 20052005A comprehensive expansion of the range of services that can be provided by Rozdilna Elevator, of Rozdilna, Odesa region.
- 20042004The strategy to expand load capacity for liquid cargos is worked out and approved to meet the demands of a growing industry. In the same year, the Group commissioned one of the largest terminals in the European vegetable oil logistics on the Black Sea.
- 20032003Processing facilities are built by the Group in several countries, including an oil extraction plant with processing capacity of 500 tons of sunflower seeds per day that was built together with ADM, an international agro-industrial corporation, in Chornomorsk, Odesa region.
- 20012001Investment into transport, production, and a vegetable oil transhipment terminal at the commercial seaport of Chornomorsk starts.
- 20002000Risoil S.A. is founded in Genève, Switzerland.
In 2023, the team of RISOIL Group completed one of the most ambitious investment projects in the industry in recent years. The bilateral pier situated between Berth No. 10 and Berth No. 11 in the port of Chornomorsk is the only facility of such kind in this country, given its technology capabilities.
“Our idea has been has come to life thanks to the Armed Forces of Ukraine and all of you – the hundreds of people who did their work honestly and supported us’”,
stress Oleksandr Minov and Shota Khadjishvili, the founders of Risoil.
The cost of construction, including the unique highly technologicalequipment for transhipment of vegetable oil and grain, amounted to UAH 1.5 billion (*at the prices of 2021). Under Ukraine’s first treaty for “take or pay” interdependent projects between the Ukrainian Sea Ports Authority and Risoil Terminal, dredging was carried out on the appoaches to the pier.
Due to an immobile ship loading system, the pier’s ability to work simultaneously with different types of cargo on both sides of this hydraulic structure has been proven by successful practice.
In addition to the new export opportunities, receiving grain from any barges and vessels of different types is also provided for.
- The cargo loading efficiency is 3,000 tons per hour to load one bulk carrier
- The cargo loading efficiency to load two bulk carriers simultaneously is 1,500 tons per hour for each one.